|Mrs. Kathleen Daly Grade 1 Calendar||29 views since 11/11/2018|| |
Mrs. Daly's Weekly Bulletin Board
For the Week of Nov. 12th-Nov. 16th
Story of the Week: Dr. Seuss
This is a biography story about Dr. Seuss. The children will learn facts about his life and why he was important.
*** All kids will be in the same story each week. We will differentiate the story and the skills within each group. It was becoming too difficult to have all three groups in three separate stories and we were finding kids were missing the teaching of some skills depending on the story they were in.
***Spelling Words: Spelling Tests are given every Friday.
SPELLING WORDS: yes, let, red, ten, bed, get.
HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS: for, was, you, what.
DICTATION SENTENCE: Did Dad let him get a red sled?
*Please note: In addition to the regular ten words that have been sent home each week to study, your child will be tested on another 5 that will follow the spelling pattern. These DO count for their spelling grade. Also, beginning this week they will be tested weekly on a dictation sentence which also counts towards their grade. Spelling, as well as, punctuation will be graded.
***Phonics Concept for the Week:
This week we will circle back and review the short vowel of /e/. We will also be working with /s/ blends.
***English Concept for the Week:
This week we will be reviewing complete sentences. We will also be introducing singular and plural nouns. The children will do some writing about the life of Dr. Seuss.
***Math Concept for the Week:
We will test on Chapter 4 and do a cumulative test on Chapter 3 and 4. We will begin Chapter 5 on Shapes.
***Religion Concept for the Week:
We will finish up the Parable part of Unit 2 and we will focus our thoughts on the celebration of Thanksgiving and what we are thankful for.
***Science/Social Studies Concept for the Week:
We will begin our unit on animals and how they live in preparation for our Science Fair. This first graders do animals for the Science
General Notes for the Week:
1. Report cards will be open for viewing tomorrow morning when school begins. All report cards need to be signed by this coming Friday, so we know they have been viewed. You can either sign them electronically or you can print out a copy a send it in signed. I am proud of the kid's efforts this first quarter and hope it continues. Our class goal will be to slow down and take pride in our finished product. Neatness and quality of work is a habit the kids must develop.
2. There will be a NOON DISMISSAL this Wednesday. Kids need to be picked up (or daycare) at noon and lunch will not be served. The teachers will be attending an inservice about our STAR testing program, which by the way, the first graders took their second test this past week.
3. The school mass this week is on Friday beginning at 1:30 p.m. It is beginning a little earlier this week because Father Ed will be distributing Honor Roll certificates and PRIDE awards at the end of mass. If your child is receiving either of these awards I will notify you and hopefully you can join us. All are welcome!
4. Honor Roll Guidelines went home with you at conference time. Remember to receive high honors a child must receive 93% or above which is an E+ or and E in every subject including specials classes. To receive honors they must have an 85% or above which is an E+, E VG+, or a VG in every subject including specials. A VG- knocks them off of honor roll. I definitely take neatness and effort in to account, as well as homework being turned in on time etc.
5. I sent home a request for "an ingredient" to help us out with the making of our pumpkin bread. Please have those ingredients to school by Friday, but I would welcome it earlier.
6. Because of the short week next week (Thanksgiving) I WILL NOT be sending home Friday folders this week. Instead I will send them home the following Tuesday complete with a homework packet. You will get a homework break this coming weekend, but you will have a homework over Thanksgiving. Our regular schedule will resume on Monday November 26th.
6. Several kids are missing their library books. Please help your child keep track of their library books and have them back to school by Monday of each week. We go to the library on Tuesday's and the kids cannot check out a book without having their previous week book returned. Also, they owe me a lucky. buck when they have a late book!
Have a great week. Thank you in advance for sending in an ingredient for our pumpkin bread. We will bake next Monday! Please, please, please have a warm coat at school every day for your child. It was quite cold last week and many kids were not dressed appropriately for outside recess. We go out even when it is cold! Love, Mrs. Daly
|Greg Caudle Principal Calendar||0 views since 06/13/2018|| |
|Mrs. Connie Miller School Office Calendar||788 views since 12/29/2015|| |
|Mrs. Anita Cook School Office Calendar||1267 views since 08/07/2014|| |
|Mrs. Anna Peetz School Office Calendar||64 views since 06/29/2018|| |
|Mrs. Joan Geldaker Martine|
z Early Learning Cente Calendar
|4 views since 10/30/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez Preschool Calendar||44 views since 09/25/2018|| |
|Mrs. Kelly Miller M-F Calendar||662 views since 04/25/2017|| |
|Mrs. Carol McEncroe Pre-Kindergarten Calendar||12 views since 11/05/2018|| |
|Mrs. Tanya Schrader Kindergarten Calendar||262 views since 03/01/2018|| |
|Mrs. Lorraine Schaefer Grade 2 Calendar||20 views since 11/11/2018|| |
|Mrs. Margaret Gates Grade 3 Calendar||32 views since 11/09/2018|| |
|Mrs. Bernadette Lamont Grade 4 Calendar||5287 views since 08/25/2009|| |
|Mrs. Linda McDonnell Grade 5 Calendar||1881 views since 08/23/2014|| |
|Miss Rebecca Mock 6th Home Room Calendar||140 views since 08/24/2018|| |
|Mr. Mark Bocinsky 7th Home Room Calendar||0 views since 06/05/2017|| |
|Brianna Montoya 8th Home Room Calendar||545 views since 06/15/2015|| |
|Mr. Merle McKittrick PE Calendar||35 views since 10/09/2018|| |
|Michael Amidei Music-1 Calendar||311 views since 06/15/2015|| |
|Jeanne Glass Art-2 Calendar||710 views since 09/17/2015|| |
|Mrs. Erika Matteo MediaCenter Calendar||619 views since 02/29/2016|| |
|Roman and Valerie Fresquez Athletic Directors Calendar||950 views since 02/03/2012|| |
|Msgr Ed Buelt Calendar||195 views since 08/08/2016|| |
|Mr. Joe Heasley IT Person Calendar||0 views since 04/25/2017|| |
|Mr. Everett Fritz Family & Youth Minis Calendar||0 views since 08/31/2017|| |
|Carmen & Thomas Martin Volunteer Parent Calendar||0 views since 10/17/2017|| |
|Ms. Trinidad Vera Calendar||0 views since 08/21/2018|| |
|Mrs. Kelly Miller M-TH Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Kelly Miller T-F Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Carol McEncore Mon-Thur Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Carol McEncroe Tue-Fri Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez M-W-F Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez M-Thur Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez W-T-F Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs Yvonne Chavez M-Tue-Thur Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez M-T-W Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |
|Mrs. Yvonne Chavez T-T-F Calendar||0 views since 08/28/2018|| |