The system is doing its job protecting your privacy. Make sure the caps lock key is not on and that you are using the correct spelling and appropriate capitalization. If you are still unable to log on, complete the parent activation form again using the 6 digit activation code provided by your school. If you do not have record of your parent activation code, please contact your school office for assistance.
I get an 'Incorrect log in screen, or Aborted screen'-Why?
1) Make sure that the Caps Lock is turned off when typing in the screen name and password.
2) Make sure that you are putting no extra spaces in your screen name or password.
3) If you have numbers included in your screen name or password, make sure that you are typing them in using the numerical keys at the top of the keyboard and not from the numerical keypad to the right of the keyboard.
4) Make sure that what needs to be capitalized is capitalized and what needs to be lower case is lowercase letters.(The system is case sensitive.)
5) If you are using the temporary screen name and password make sure that if your screen name is "id68" (for example) make sure you include the "id" part of the screen name.
When I type in my screen name and password, the log in screen just sits there. Why?
Here is a solution, possibly. This is if you use Internet Explorer as your internet browser. When you are on the internet you can go to the top menu and click on 'Tools'. This will drop a box down. Click on 'Internet Options'. This will bring up a new small window. At the top of the new window are tabs. Click on the tab that says 'Privacy'. In the privacy tab is almost like a volume button to raise and lower 'sensitivity'. Lower the level to 'Low'. It is probably at 'Medium' or so. When lowered go to the bottom and click 'Apply'. Then go back and type in the screen name and password and see if that will let you in. If this fails, go back into 'Internet Options' again. There will be another tab to says 'Security'. When you click on the 'Security' tab two buttons will show at the bottom. One will says 'Custom levels' or 'Default Levels'. If you click on 'Custom Level' a new window will pop up. At the bottom of that window is a drop down box where you can select another 'sensitivity' level. Drop that box down and select 'Medium low' or 'Low'. After selected, click 'Reset'. This will bring up a warning message, click 'Yes'. Then go click 'Apply'. This will change it for the system. Click out of that window. Go back into your school's log in page and type in the screen name and password and see if that allows you to get in. This last step generally works. If this does not, and the problem continues, please let Help Desk know (314) 822-3278. Thank you.
How can I make FastDirect work with my Blackberry brand phone?